Info about Champs
February 18, 2019
Champs Volunteer Sign up Now Online.... Sign up today!
Winter swim champs for our YMCA league is a 2 day meet that is held at BGSU pool, March 2nd – 3rd Please note a few things about Winter Swim Champs
- A swimmer MUST swim in 3 League meets to qualify to swim at Winter Champs.
- 11-12 Girls and 13 and up swimmers will swim events both days in the morning sessions.
- 11-12 Boys and 10 and under swimmers will swim events both days in the afternoon sessions.
- Parents are not permitted on deck with your swimmer, we will have older swimmers helping with younger swimmers in the afternoon
- Swimmers are scheduled for events both days unless you indicate ahead to the coach otherwise
- Our team has “hosted” this event for the last several years and it is a major fundraiser for our swim teams. If you sign up to work during your child’s session, we work with those in your area for you to jump out and watch your child’s event. It is important that you are working in your area during the rest of the time but we do not want you to miss your child’s event.
- Volunteers should sign up online to help. For each shift worked you will earn $25 in voucher toward your 2019-2020 YMCA registration fees. (reminder: in order to qualify to earn the vouchers you must have worked at minimum of 2 home meets this season)
- High School swimmers are asked to volunteer their time since the money raised also benefits their team. For each shift a high school swimmer works you can earn $25 voucher to be applied to your 2019-2020 High School pool fee. (High school Y swimmers will first have voucher applied to Y registration fee)